Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Capstone Breakthroughs

So I thought I was going to need a programmer, but I may not need one as much as I thought. I thought I was going to need a plug-in written for me to create some of the 3d features I've been envisioning, but I just found an already existing plug-in that seems to have all the features I need. I will still need somebody more knowledgeable to help me figure out some scripting, but I may already have a couple willing and able people for that.

So all I need now is a co-writer and a sound effects/music guy, and I will be good to go. I'm about to e-mail one of my parent's old friends from college who has already done some digital comic work.

I opened up Neobook for the first time today. I know I should have done this a long time ago, but ZBrush is so addictive! Neobook is an amazing program. I can literally drag and drop multimedia files onto a page and choose scripting commands from a pre-fabricated list. When finished, I hit compile, and it embeds the files into the project, compresses, and exports the whole package as a stand-alone .exe file that anybody can enjoy with a simple double-click. It's almost too good to be true. All I need to do is make art, drag-and-drop it onto a page, and do a bit of scripting work to accomplish all these lofty ideas that I've been so excited about.

I literally made the following file in about 30 seconds. http://rapidshare.com/files/37003486/Test.exe.html

3 comments:

Dezra said...

I can't see it! I can't open an .exe file. I was directed to Rapid Share where they asked if I wanted to download something so I can view it. I never say yes to something I don't understand, but I said yes. Then it would only open up as a text doc in Word. It looked pretty code-ish to me...more than I understand. I tried opening it as an html but it still only gave me the code. :( Is it because I use a Mac?

But it sounds like you're on to something.

SalmonGod said...

hmm... it could be because you're on a mac, but I'm really not sure... I'll have to look into this

Dezra said...

I checked it out. .Exe files are made for Windows. Mac users have to jump through hoops to find a program that will let them open .exe files.

Or maybe I ought to just buy the dualboot and be done with it! hehe (in my dreams).