Monday, June 4, 2007

What If...

I wasn't so sure about this exercise when I first started, but I ended up really liking it. I found that my What If's were kinda lame in the beginning and came to me really slowly, but as I continued they kept getting more creative, epic, and easier to conjure.

1. What If... ZBrush had a timeline?
2. What If... I had never discovered the internet?
3. What If... I had been a popular kid in school?
4. What If... You could record your dreams to watch again later?
5. What If... People listened to children?
6. What If... I had never discovered Pink Floyd?
7. What If... Syd Barrett had stayed with the band?
8. What If... Indoctrinating children was illegal?
9. What If... Walmart never happened?
10. What If... The earth was a hollow sphere, and we lived inside of it?
11. What If... I never had to sleep?
12. What If... The human sex drive disappeared?
13. What If... We all looked the same?
14. What If... Einstein never passed on the secret to the atom bomb?
15. What If... The ideals of Feudal Japan caught on in the modern world?
(I think America would have to commit one massive seppuku)
16. What If... Smoking cured cancer, but caused amnesia?
17. What If... We could work 24/7 and stay perfectly healthy?
How many people would live their lives in a cubicle?
18. What If... Superman was real? Would we work him to death?
19. What If... Empathy was a physical sixth sense, and we always felt the pain of those around us?
20. What If... Politicians faced real consequences for lies or recklessness?
21. What If... A zombie outbreak actually happened?
22. What If... We could all switch gender, just for a while?
23. What If... Making art was as easy as downloading thoughts?
Would art school be nothing but Seeing Sideways classes?
24. What If... All the possibilities of nanotechnology were realized, soon?
25. What If... I could ask god one question, but he could only answer with a number?
26. What If... God announced to the world that their is no meaning to life?
Would there be anarchy?
27. What If... I could do anything I wanted, just one time, and nobody could ever know what it was?
Would it be something bad?
28. What If... The human race had an infinite attention span?
29. What If... I could communicate or travel through a picture?
30. What If... We harvested, processed, and manufactured the entire earth?
Could we live on a planet made of junk?
Would it hold together or just disperse and disappear?
31. What If... I invented a new primary color?
32. What If... I could turn blood into gold?
33. What If... Insects waged war on humanity?
34. What If... Daylight was tinted red?
35. What If... I could smell music?
36. What If... By law, everybody had to say something nice at least twice a day?
37. What If... Violence disappeared from modern film?
38. What If... Guns didn't exist?
39. What If... The earth reversed its rotation & orbit today?
40. What If... Disputes were settled with games rather than violence?
41. What If... My third eye suddenly opened?
42. What If... Cannibalism turned mainstream?
43. What If... I was a prophet who found messages in the noses of perfect strangers?
44. What If... The entire world population slept through an entire day?
45. What If... Negative thoughts were an energy source?
46. What If... My child grew up to be a Buddha?
47. What If... The top 10 richest people in the world distributed their wealth to the poorest 10%?
48. What If... Caffiene ceased to exist?
49. What If... Every written record in the world vanished?
50. What If... I thought of something revolutionary for my 50th What If?

No comments: